Effective Date: 11/18/2021
JOFIT collects personally identifiable information (information that identifies you as an individual) that you may provide to us in the course of using the Site, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, date of birth, location, account password. This information is collected and stored electronically when you make a purchase, create an account with us, write a review or ask a question about a product, sign up for our newsletter, opt-in to receiving e-mails and text messages from us, contact us via our “Contact” page, use the Site’s live chat support function or otherwise communicate with us. We use a third party payment processor to collect and process your credit card information when you make a purchase. JOFIT does not store payment card information.
JOFIT may also automatically collect non-personally identifiable information (information that does not identify you as an individual) about your computer hardware and software when you use the Site. This information may include your IP address, browser type, the URL of the previous website you visited, the web pages and advertisements you view or select, the types of services you use, access times, geographic location, hashed versions of email addresses provided during your use of the Site, and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. We may also collect information about how you interact with the Site.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site to you and to improve the Site through technical troubleshooting and analyzing how users interact with the Site;
- to create a more personalized shopping experience;
- to provide our products and services and otherwise operate our business;
- to administer and manage your account;
- to provide you with rewards earned, including when you refer a friend to JOFIT;
- to include you on mailing lists and advertise and promote our products and services;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site;
- to fulfill your requests, such as those related to ordering;
- to communicate effectively with you; and
- for other purposes we may notify you of when we collect information from you.
Sharing of Information
- With Third-Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We may share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site, provide advertising and marketing services, provide data analysis services, process payments or send out e-mail, text messages and other communications about the Site, our products and/or any promotions we may offer.
- Third-Party Vendors. We share information with vendors for business and commercial purposes, including analytics and advertising technology companies. Vendors may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools” section below, and for information related to opting out of marketing, please see the “Opting Out of Marketing Communications” section below.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with, or in anticipation of, a change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? Cookies are information files that are placed on the hard drive of your computer by your browser. Cookies allow websites to remember users’ activities and visits to a website or online service. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
Duration of Cookies. We may use either “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for longer periods or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
Why do we use them?
- To Market our Products and Services. We use third party digital marketing service providers that may collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activity over time and across different websites. When users visit our Site, these third party digital marketing service providers use information collected though cookies they place on our Site to match those users with consumer based demographics that allows us to better understand our customer base and also serve digital advertising to you on other websites where these third party digital marketing service providers operate, as well as email advertising, and/or direct mail advertising based on consumer location, shopping patterns and behaviors. For more information on how to opt-out of marketing, please see the “Opting Out of Marketing Communications” section below.
How do I control cookies? Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Reviewing and Changing Your Information
If you create a profile on our Site, you may change the information you provide in connection with your account by logging on to your account through our Site or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
You may opt-out of receiving email marketing communications from us by using the “unsubscribe” link in our emails, or by emailing us at email@example.com. To opt-out of physical mailings and telephone communications, or to add your name to our do-not-share list, you may email us at the above address or call us at 866-99-JOFIT. We will remove your name from our list (and the list we may share with third parties) as soon as possible after we receive your request. Please be aware, however, that even after your request is processed, we may, for a time, retain residual information about you in backup and/or archival copies of our database.
To help prevent unauthorized access or disclosure and maintain data accuracy we have put in place reasonable appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
No Absolute Safeguards
Although we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard the privacy of your information, transmissions on the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. Accordingly, we assume no responsibility or liability for any disclosure, loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of any of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access or other causes beyond our reasonable control.
Links to External Websites
Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
Additional Information for Individuals in the European Economic Area
With respect to “personal data” as defined by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 that you may provide to us through the Site, we serve as the “controller.”
We provide the Site from servers located in the United States. If you are accessing the Site from the European Union, we will only transfer your personal information to the United States through the use of appropriate safeguards. We process personal information to pursue our legitimate business interest to operate the Site and provide you with our products and services, as further described in the section titled “Use of Information” above. To learn more about with whom we share your personal information please refer to the section titled “Sharing of Information” above.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation.
You have a right to access your personal information, rectify inaccurate personal information kept about you, request the erasure of personal information and to request that we restrict the processing of your data in certain circumstances. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the contact information provided below in writing, and allow reasonable time for your request to be fulfilled. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents.
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at the email address listed in the “Contact Us” section below. .
Additional Disclosure for California Residents – California’s Shine the Light
Customers who are residents of California may request (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please write us at the email or postal address set out in “Contact Us” above and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
Contact Information; Questions and Changes in Information
By phone: 866-99-JOFIT
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org